Wise Water Warriors

Worship as Wise Water Warriors. Our planet is comprised of about 70% water, 97% which is saline, leaving only 3% fit for drinking. Human bodies average 60% water composition, ranging from 45-75%. Your major organs are mostly comprised of water, so it's crucial for adequate water intake for quality of life.

Too much water dilutes and stresses our kidneys that cannot keep up, causing cells, tissues, and organs to swell. Too little concentrates our body's chemistries, and we then hold onto unwanted toxins. Both create noticeable imbalances so finding the right amount of intake is an individual need. As a former hospital cardiac nurse, tracking intake and output was imperative to evaluate patient status and treatment.

Drink pure, mostly room temperature water instead of cold which is unnatural for our body. Use only naturally flavored with cucumber, lemon or lime if needed. Eat foods higher in water content like fruits and vegetables and less breads and grains. The amount varies on climate, age, weight, and activity.

Breathing through the nose instead of the mouth is best if able, and not just for a yoga practice. It helps retain and circulate moisture and prana (vital energy), regulates external air with internal temperatures, and calms and cools the mind.

Our country has the highest consumption of water, but not necessarily for survival. Many people around the world are deprived of this resource and cherish it a bit more. So, let's preserve, not waste our planet's and our body's precious world of water and consume as Wise Water Warriors for ultimate Wellness.



Fusion Owner, Registered Yoga Teacher, Reiki Master Teacher, R.N.


Share this Post